Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Sailor's Prayer

Sailors pray,
For fair winds and a following sea

The smell of salt in the air,
The feel of their skin as it's touched by the spray

An albatross soaring above,
Dolphins in the ship's wake at play

To witness a work of art that only God can create,
The sunset at the end of day

At night a million stars in the sky,
Safe anchorage in an islands lee

When the time comes to die as for all it must,
To awake in Sailors Heaven where nothing ever rusts

And always there would be,
Fair winds and a following sea

C. D. Williams.






On July 14, 2008 at 2:00 am, my Grandpa went to heaven.
My Mom says he's with Grandma and the dogs again, and very happy up there.
He was a very generous, kind and loving Grandpa, who always showed up on Sunday mornings with treats and gifts. I really wish I was able to know him longer, but the time we did spend together was always full of laughs and fun.
Mom says Grandpa will always be in my heart and will watch over me when I sleep.
I loved him very very much.

-Jade

1 comment:

M. Simon said...

Thank you for the sailor's prayer.

God Speed to you and your Grandfather.