Monday, March 02, 2009

My First Hike This Week

It was the longest walk I have ever taken. It might have been 5 km, Mom isn't sure. But WOW, what a hike. The weather today was very stormy. 70km/hr winds with sheets of light rain spraying us every 20 minutes or so. The sound of the waves constantly crashing is so loud, you have to yell for anyone to hear more than 10 feet away. I found some Sand Dollars..(we researched were dead, after inspecting their underneaths) and many other small treasures. We found some giant Muscles and very neat coral and lava pieces.
By the time I made it back to the beach house, had a bowl of soup, and warmed up, it was time for a long nap with Mom. ( I think she was tired too after carrying stuff and helping me smile for all the pictures.)
Dad went to the store for a few things. When he came home, we were still sleeping, so he went to the Pacific Sands enclosed fire-pit and started a fire. I love the fire pit! We watched the sun set while staying warm by the fire.
Over-all it was a great day. Tomorrow is a new place to explore,...and I can't wait.

Love jade













No comments: